- Transport Info
- Upcoming Sales
- Make an offer
- Travel Services
- Entry forms
- Inglis race series
- Sales calendar
- Inglis staff
- X-ray repository
- Inglis TV
- Photo Gallery
- Inglis Partners
- Owners bonus with Luxbet
Vendor Information: Document Guidelines
All registration documentation must be lodged in the offices of William Inglis & Son Ltd prior to the sale.
If registration documents are being mailed to Inglis, please send as registered mail, to enable tracing if not received.
If registration documents have been misplaced, please arrange for a duplicate set through the Australian Stud Book or relevant racing body in your state prior to the sale.
If documents have not been received by Inglis and duplicates have to be arranged, a fee will be incurred and deducted from sale proceeds.
Non compliance with the following conditions may result in sale proceeds being delayed and an office administration fee being charged.
- The ‘Transfer of a Racehorse’ form must be signed by all relinquishing owners in the relevant area.
- If there are time constraints in circulating the document to owners, an authority letter can be downloaded from the relevant racing authority in each state’s website.
- Racing leases must be cancelled prior to the sale.
- All fully signed documents should accompany the horses registration papers and must be lodged in our office prior to the sale.
Broodmares not in foal
- Returns for mares that have missed, slipped or not been served in the current season must be lodged with the Australian Stud Book prior to the sale.
- A pregnancy certificate dated within 7 days of the sale must be provided.
- If you have arranged this with your vet, please fax a copy to our office prior to the sale. Alternatively, we can arrange to have the mare tested at the saleyard. Please let our office know in advance should you require us to arrange this.
- Only mares that are 45 days positive will carry a positive sticker in the sale ring.
- Mares positive that are less than 45 days will have their period of pregnancy announced by the auctioneer if a pregnancy certificate has been provided.
Any mares that have a withheld status with the Australian Stud Book will not be accepted into our sales. Please ensure that the block is lifted and mare returns are up to date prior to the sale.
Yearlings & Unnamed Stock
- All yearlings and unnamed stock must be branded, microchipped and DNA typed by the Australian Stud Book.
- All Foal Identification Cards (FIC) cards must be forwarded to our office prior to the sale.
- All mare returns must be lodged with the Australian Stud Book and your weanling must be branded, microchipped and DNA typed prior to the sale.
- If your weanling is scheduled to be identified by the Australian Stud Book in a month that falls later than the required sale, please contact them and have your kit forwarded earlier to enable the process to be completed and a FIC issued prior to the sale.
Foals at Foot
- All mare returns must be lodged with the Australian Stud Book.
- Any imported horses must have all requirements met by the Australian Stud Book prior to the sale.
Please do not send any registration documents directly to the purchaser of your horse. All documents must come though Inglis.
Our office will return the documents of any horses that are withdrawn or passed in to the vendor after the sale.
Should you have any queries regarding these procedures please contact Inglis at Newmarket on 02 9399 7999 or Oaklands on 03 9333 1422.